If you heard about vaginal rejuvenation, say 20 or 30 years ago, it was likely referring to surgical options, like labiaplasty and vaginoplasty.
These surgical options are still offered today to improve the appearance of the labia, to restore tightness of the vaginal canal and improve bladder control. This is accomplished by surgically tightening the inner and outer muscles of the vagina.
After an extended period of recovery, these brave women get to experience the benefits, which include:
- A more visually pleasing appearance down-under
- A tighter vaginal canal that results in increased sensation during sex
- Enhanced control of the bladder
What if… however, you didn’t have to go under the knife to improve vaginal function and health.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Without Surgery
Today, vaginal rejuvenation is so publicized that it is becoming more common for women to ask their doctors for solutions to resolve their vaginal issues.
The good news is that in the last decade alone, the options for non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation have increased.
Even the technologies used to address vaginal issues are varied. The most popular among them are:
- fractional laser
- radiofrequency heat
- electromagnetic stimulation
- growth factors or platelet rich plasma
All of the above are used to improve vaginal health and function.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Options
Below is a description of each of the methods mentioned above including the vaginal health issues they improve. Please consult with a medical professional who performs these procedures for full details and risks.
This method creates micro-injuries to the vaginal canal and external labia to induce a healing effect. The collagen production generated helps tighten the vaginal wall and labia producing both external and internal tightening.
As a result, this helps with bladder control and increased sensitivity during intimacy. It also improves the appearance of the labia.
This treatment uses a wand device that is inserted into the vaginal canal and applied onto the labia to provide heat energy. The treatment is painless and doctors recommend a series of 3 treatments over the span of 3 months. Like the laser method, it encourages collagen production and tightening effect of the vaginal canal. Some shrinking effect of the labia also occurs.
This technology was recently approved in the U.S. to regain control of pelvic floor muscles and bladder (urinary incontinence). The device is a chair-like piece which you can sit on fully clothed. It is also painless. The tingling sensation is mild and it produces thousands of Kegel-like contractions which strengthens the pelvic floor muscles.
Growth Factors or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
This method uses growth factors, or platelet rich plasma, from your own blood. The procedure takes about 20 minutes, is painless and requires no recovery period. The growth factors aid in improving vaginal tightness, bladder incontinence, and even addresses sexual dysfunction and vaginal sensitivity. It essentially restores vaginal function to a more youthful state.
The Modern Woman and Sexual Health
Today, vaginal rejuvenation procedures do more than just improve a woman’s vaginal appearance.
Vaginal rejuvenation help women take care of sexual dysfunction as well as vaginal health – without the need for surgery.
In some aesthetic offices, all it takes is about an hour, some numbing, and an injection.
Truly taking care of yourself is no longer limited to a healthy lifestyle of exercising and eating nutritious foods, but also taking care of your vaginal and sexual health.
You can suffer from vaginal health issues even if you already take daily supplements, you are at a healthy weight, meditate, and eat a healthy diet.
Here are some additional ways you can take care of your vaginal health:
- No douching. The vagina cleans itself – it’s not necessary to stick water, vinegar, or any other cleaning solution of sorts up there. Douching can actually decrease vaginal health by killing the good bacteria the vagina produces naturally.
- Opt for gentle soaps without fragrance. When it comes to washing your below-the-belt area, stick to unscented soaps. Harsh, scented soaps can cause irritation or an allergic reaction.
- Take it easy on the scented bath bombs. While a self-care routine can sometimes involve soaking in a sweet-smelling bath, your vagina doesn’t appreciate sitting in the fragrance for hours on end. In fact, bath bombs and bubble baths can sometimes upset your vagina’s natural pH balance, which makes you vulnerable to irritation or an infection.
- Banish that uncomfortably tight underwear. Time to toss the underwear that is too tight for comfort – yes, all of them! Instead, opt for breathable cotton and underwear which fits you just right. Your underwear should allow your vulva and vagina to get air and breath, or else you could be prone to a yeast infection.
- Find a medical professional you can trust. When it comes to vaginal self-care, this also includes finding a doctor with experience and knowledgeable in the latest treatments. A medical professional you feel you can turn to for answers. Ultimately, your doctor is there to keep you and your vagina as happy and healthy as possible!
Vaginal Health & Intimacy
Being unable to enjoy intimacy due to vaginal issues can take an emotional toll.
Modern vaginal rejuvenation is about improving vaginal functions. You may be a candidate for vaginal rejuvenation if you suffer from any of the following:
- Urinary accidents when you jump, laugh or cough
- Urinary leaks when you wait too long
- Low sexual desire
- Difficulty getting aroused
- Trouble reaching an orgasm
- Pain during intercourse
- Vaginal dryness
With the help of the latest non-surgical technologies in vaginal rejuvenation you can improve all this and more.
It’s not necessarily about feeling more beautiful down under… it’s about feeling restored, revitalized, and feeling confident with your sexual health.
Are you ready to experience better sexual satisfaction, increased sensitivity, more bladder control, while improving sexual health?
Get in touch with your vaginal rejuvenation specialist today and ask about non-surgical options to improve vaginal health!
About Dr. Fulton
Dr. Fulton is a board-certified physician with extensive experience in aesthetic medicine including vaginal rejuvenation. He is passionate about helping his patient’s look and feel their best, both above and below the waist!